Battersea and Park Royal
14 February 2020
We're delighted to be expanding our Aftersales business so we can continue delivering the ultimate service.
We are therefore looking for a number of high caliber BMW Technicians to join our team at BMW's flagship Aftersales Centres.
- To test vehicles and diagnose as and when required by Technical Advisor or Service Team Manager.
- To observe, recognise and report on vehicle and component serviceability.
- To interpret and implement technical service instruction data.
- To indent for replacement parts and record usage.
- To recover damaged or defective vehicles as and when necessary.
- To keep up to date with new model technology / product launches.
- To ensure vehicles comply with safety standards when returned to customer or that faults have been reported and noted on job card.
- To ensure customer satisfaction in the service and repair of motor vehicles of all types.
Experience and Skills:
- City & Guilds qualification.
- NVQ Level 2/3, Vehicle Maintenance - Service Replacement, Level 3, Vehicle Mechanical and Electronic Systems - Maintenance and Repair.
- BMW Technician status.
- Full driving license
- Motor industry or other relevant technical experience
- To have served a recognised apprenticeship.
- Comprehensive BMW Product Knowledge
- Comprehensive Technical Knowledge
- Up to date record of attending manufacturer's training courses.
- Assess and diagnose technical work required.
- Carry out technical work competently to BMW standards.
- Use BMW tools, Service Test and Service equipment.
- Contribute to workshop efficiency.
Customer Service Skills:
- Diagnose customer problems through questioning and listening.
- Communicate technical information, clearly and simply.
- Adapt to customer’s needs.
- Work to deadlines.
- Work quickly and efficiently.
- Record information accurately.
- Maintain records.
- Attention to detail.
- Logical and systematic.
- Plan ahead.
- Accurate checking.
Interpersonal and Team Skills:
- Willing to take responsibility for colleagues.
- Work as a team member.
- Liaise effectively with Service and Parts.
- Willing to take personal responsibility.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Works to high standards.
- Keen to maintain and develop skill levels.
- Flexible approach.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Positive attitude.
- Work under pressure.
- Work without close supervision.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org